Broadband and Data Network (PCCW, Hong Kong)
PCCW Limited (PCCW) is a Hong Kong-based company which holds interests in telecommunications, media, IT solutions, property development, investment and other businesses. PCCW holds a majority interest in HKT, Hong Kong's premier telecommunications service provider. HKT meets the needs of the Hong Kong public, local and international businesses with a wide range of services including local telephony, local data, broadband, international telecommunications, mobile and other telecommunications businesses such as customer premises equipment, outsourcing, consulting, and contact centers.
This case study will highlight the deployment of media converters in PCCW Broadband and Data Networks. The main application of media converters is to make use of optical fiber as the transmission media for extending the reach of copper interfaces between two locations separated by several to several tens of kilometers. Media converters (MCs) are deployed in pairs, typically between two central offices or between a central office and a customer location or between two customer locations.
- Centralized optical to optical or electrical to optical conversion, with high capacity by providing FE and GbE cards.
- High reliability solution to provide in PCCW Broadband and Data network.
- Centralized Network Management System.
- Cost effective solution to provide fiber access and high capacity for Internet access and Voice communications.
CTC Union Solutions
|iAccess™ Multi-Service Platform
|Network Management Controller
|OAM/IP Managed SFP GbE Media Converter
- Chassis to chassis FRM220-1000EAS/X-2F, FRM220-100AS-1A and FRM220-1000EAS/X-1 insides FRM220-CH20 chassis
- Chassis to Standalone FRM220-1000EAS/X-2F, FRM220-100AS-1A and FRM220-1000EAS/X-1 insides FRM220 chassis
- Standalone to Standalone
- FRM220-CH20+FRM220-1000EAS/X-2F chassis to standalone
- FRM220-CH20+FRM220-100AS-1A chassis to standalone
- FRM220-CH20+FRM220-1000EAS/X-1 chassis to standalone