10G 3R Multi-rate Transponder with Optical Line Protection
DescriptionThe FRM220-10G-SXX is a 10G fiber to fiber 3R repeater and transponder. Based on 10 Gigabit fiber standards, this transponder supports SFP+ to XFP (SX) or XFP to XFP (XX) fiber connections. 1+1 Automatic optical line Protection Switching is supported for the aggregate XFP fiber ports. The transponder is protocol transparent, providing 3R (Re-amplification, Re-shaping and Reclocking) between these different optical module types. One of the major applications for this converter is in connecting proprietary transceiver equipment to CWDM or DWDM when these 'colored' optical modules are not available for the proprietary equipment. With transparent bi-directional forwarding capability between the 2 fiber media, the FRM220-10G-SXX brings you the best and simplest solution for your 10G conversion between fiber and fiber.
- Protocols Transparent at discrete bit rates of 8Gbps to 10Gbps
- Network management via Web, Telnet, SNMP in central FRM220-CH20 chassis (10 cards in chassis max.)
- Protocol transparent 3R fiber media transponder / repeater (Re-amplification, Re-shaping and Re-clocking)
- Promotes flexibility and eases management with pluggable SFP+ or XFP transceiver
- Features two 10G ports offering multiservice 10G transponder and regenerator function
- Supports 1+1 optical line protection
- Built-in self test (BIST) function
- Provides superior optics capabilities resulting in extended transport distances for regional application.
- Extend 10G Ethernet transmission over fiber useful as a 'Transponder' in CWDM or DWDM systems for 10G Ethernet/ Fiber Channel/STM-64
- Supports Client / Line loop back tests
- Serial console for stand-alone management when inserted in CH02M dual slot chassis
- XFP power supplies: +5.0V, -5.2V, +3.3V and +1.8V
- Supports reference clock output
- Supports 10G Tunable XFP module